Online Learning at WCSCC’s Adult & Community Education provides students with an independent learning environment and the ability to take classes off campus. Through the use of modern media, students can receive weekly lessons, complete assignments and communicate in a virtual classroom setting. Taking courses through our Distance Learning Center allows more schedule flexibility, reduces the time you spend commuting and offers:
• Unlimited access to course content
• Comprehensive course in a six-week session
• Multimedia-enhanced student learning
• Update skills and discover new talents
The right training to fit your schedule from the comfort of your own home. All courses run for six weeks. Two lessons are released each week for the six-week duration of the course. You do not have to be present when lessons are released and you will have access to all lessons until the course ends. The final exam is released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the final exam has been released, you have two weeks to complete all of your course work, including the final exam.
Adult & Community Education is pleased to offer a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely over the Internet. All of our courses include expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. Our online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you. Below are just a few classes that we offer entirely online.
- Writing Essentials - Master the essentials of writing so you can excel at business communications, express yourself clearly online, and take your creative literary talents to a new level.
- A to Z Grant-writing - Learn how to research and develop relationships with potential funding sources, organize grant-writing campaigns, and prepare proposals.
- Photoshop CS5 - Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop CS5, the world’s best graphics program, to edit and process photos and create original images.
- Introduction to Dreamweaver CS5 - Learn to use Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 to design, create, and maintain user-friendly Web sites full of professional-quality Web pages.
- Introduction to Flash CS4 - Learn how to use Adobe Flash CS4 software to create engaging Web sites, Flash movies, animation, and interactive applications.
- Designing Effective Websites - Learn powerful graphic design techniques and build Web sites that are both attractive and wickedly effective.
- HIPAA Compliance - Learn how to comply with the duties, rights, and responsibilities of HIPAA, ARRA & HITECH.
Additional class requirements will be listed with each course description.
Call Theresa Chmura at 330-669-7070 if you have more questions